The Blue Ink BIT ELD device is one of the very few devices that are you can find on the market today to adopt an unconventional pricing model. With the Blue Ink BIT ELD, there are no ongoing monthly fees at all. You simply purchase the Blue Ink BIT ELD for $295 that that is it.
You are not going to have to pay for any kind of monthly service fees or any annual fees or charges. There is absolutely no contract that you have to abide to as well. For many independent truck drivers and small fleets this is a very good electronic logging device to have.
If you are trying to avoid the ongoing monthly service plans that are required by most electronic log vendors, the Blue Ink BIT ELD is definitely going to be the one for you to have.
Yes, the initial price of the ELD is more than some devices that are out there, but you are going to save a lot of money by not having to pay for any type of monthly service fees.
There are a high number of fleets and truck drivers who trust Blue Ink BIT ELD to meet with their trucking compliance needs. The device is very affordably priced and it very easy to use.
The standard 9-pin and 6-pin diagnostic ports are used for the plug in. While the affordable price tag makes the device a very interesting choice, the Blue Ink BIT ELD is also a solid pick because of its simple, easy-to-use app and its easy installation process.
Blue Ink Technology ELD
It is one of the few devices with the price tag that gets the job done that is required by DOT mandates. It is a very ideal ELD for independent truck drivers and small fleets that want to avoid ongoing contracts and service plans, as you will see with a lot of the electronic logging device vendors that you can find out in the market today.
The Blue Ink BIT electronic logging device is in compliance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). In a just a matter of a few minutes, you can plug the electronic logging device in your over the road truck and activate it to be used right away.
The Blue Ink BIT ELD gadget will plug straight into your diagnostics port. Once the device is plugged in, you can easily pair it up with your smart phone or tablet that you have in your truck. One thing that you are going to like with this ELD is that it is going to offer you all of the basics without all of the bells and whistles you are going to get with other gadgets.
If you want a basic ELD at a very affordable price, the Blue Ink BIT ELD is the one for you to use. With the use of this electronic logging device, you can make edits to your own hours of service (HOS) log. The device is also going to allow you to accept suggested correction from fleet managers.
The ELD is going to automatically record whenever the truck is moving. There are a lot of truck drivers that use Blue Ink BIT ELD devices in the United States and Canada. The devices are easily installed in the over the road trucks literally within just minutes and they are then literally ready to be used. The Blue Ink BIT ELD is very easy for anyone to use (with or without any kind of ELD experience in the past).
No Monthly Plans
With the use of the Blue Ink BIT ELD, you are not going to see any type of monthly service plans. You pay for the device and that is it. There are also not going to be any annual fees for the device. You purchase the device and that is it. You can manage your hours of service (HOS) that are in compliance with DOT standards without any kind of monthly service fee.
The Blue Ink BIT ELD hardware is available for a purchase price of $295 without any monthly subscriptions price. The purchase price of the device is very affordable. The ELD is an effective way of compliance. Cost compliance is one of the major troubles for trucking companies, especially those that have smaller fleets to manage. The Blue Ink BIT ELD is a good option because of its cost effective way of compliance. The device is a very affordable tool for trucking companies to use for their ELD mandates.
Mobile Phone Capabilities
Just like most bring your own device (BYOD) options, you buy a dongle from Blue Ink that plugs straight into your truck’s diagnostic port. You can then Bluetooth pair the device with your own smart phone or tablet that you have in your truck. If you use the mobile phone option with the Blue Ink BIT ELD, you are going to have to a mobile data plan.
While many truck drivers are going to already have their own mobile device, if you are planning on providing a mobile phone or tablet one for your fleet of over the road truck drivers, you must realize that there is going to be some added extra cost involved for the mobile phone or tablet and a price for the data plan.
The Blue Ink BIT ELD offers simple mandate compliance without a lot of the extra bells and whistles you are going to find with a lot of other ELD devices that are out in the market today. The free driver app can be downloaded for Android systems or iOS systems -- so no matter what type of mobile device or tablet you have, it is going to work. With the systems, 6-pin or 9-pin configurations are available.
Signing up for an account is very quick and easy. The app is very simple for anyone to be able to navigate – even if you do not have any type of experience with ELD devices or trucking logs. Your truck drivers can easily make manual log status changes with just the use of the mobile app. If you do want to turn the system into a true ELD, you are going to need the Bluetooth dongle to automatically record when the truck is moving.
The mobile app currently supports basic hours of service (HOS) and a built in Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR). Truck drivers are going to be able to easily make edits to their own logs and accept suggested corrections from their fleet managers. The Blue Ink BIT ELD is going to simplify your work with truck drivers who are to comply with the ELD mandate. Truck drivers can easily record their logs by connecting to their mobile devices.
Blue Ink BIT ELD Specifications
- United States Federal Communications Commission: This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. It also complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. The ELD must be exclusively utilized in a transportation vehicle.
- IC – Industry Canada: The device has been approved by Industry Canada to operate with the embedded chip antenna. Other antenna types are strictly prohibited for use with this device. This device complies with Industry Canada's license-exempt RSS standards.
- Society of Automotive Engineers: Blue Ink Tech is registered with the Society of Automotive Engineers.
- Bluetooth: Blue Ink Tech’s ELD adapters are Bluetooth qualified.
- App requirements: The BIT ELD app runs on Android and Apple devices. Your mobile phone or tablet must support Bluetooth 4.0.
- Your device must be able to communicate over the Internet during a roadside safety inspection.
- The device is durable and very compact.
You can simply plug in the ELD and activate it literally within minutes without the use of any truck mechanic or any kind of special tools.
Features of Blue Ink BIT ELD
- Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR)
- IFTA information
- Hours of service (HOS) logs
Cost of Bit ELD by Blue Ink
- The initial purchase price for the device is approximately $295
- There are not any kind of monthly service fees at all – you purchase the device that that is it
Overview of Blue Ink BIT ELD
The Blue Ink BIT ELD was developed specifically for commercial over the road truck drivers just like you. The device is a very affordable ELD and is very easy for anyone to be able to use (even if you have no other ELD experience). It does not have a lot of bells and whistles as with other ELD devices but it is a very economical and trustworthy ELD if you just want to make sure you are in compliance with DOT mandates. The Blue Ink BIT ELD is a user friendly device.
The Blue Ink BIT ELD is an attractive option for truck drivers to have in their trucks. The device is very useful for trucking fleets that are looking for a low cost option to have, as well as it being very easy to install and in compliance with ELD mandates. The Blue Ink BIT ELD is going to get the job done that is mandated by the DOT mandate but it is also easy to use and is very affordable.
Overall, the extremely low cost to own the Blue Ink BIT ELD makes it worth a look for anyone, but especially for smaller operations hoping to get compliant without breaking the bank. The ELD is a sensible choice for small fleets that don’t need a lot of features for their over the road truck drivers. The device plain and simple:
- Has no ongoing monthly cost at all – you purchase the device for $295 and that is it
- The ELD is simple and it is easy to use the mobile app
- The device is very easy to install
- The Blue Ink BIT is geared first and foremost toward smaller fleets and owner operators
- The device tracks hours of service (HOS) logs and Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIRs)
- The device tracks state miles for IFTA reporting
- The device provides detailed GPS breadcrumb tracking
- The device tracks vehicle maintenance, so fleet managers can set up reminders and alerts for oil changes, tire replacements and other routine maintenance tasks needed
- The device connects via bluetooth to a cell phone or tablet to provide required information about your truck
- The device can be moved to any truck to make your whole fleet ELD ready
- The device will make you compliant with the FMCSA literally in seconds
The Blue Ink BIT ELD is not loaded with extra features but what it does do, it does very well. Logs are easy for both the driver and home office staff to manage. Fleet managers are given one of the best tools for making suggested log corrections.