Verizon Connect RevealQuoted Based
Ease of Use8.6/10
Suitable for fleets9.5/10
Features & Technology8.5/10
- Fleet Tracking
- Lowers crash rates and reduce trucks downtime
- Allows fleets to plan their loads and deliveries better
- ELD devices sync with GPS systems
- Reduce Operational Cost
- The GPS technology that ELDs use could seem invasive to truck drivers
- Requires a high investment
- Need of contract
Fleet managers across the country are using Verizon electronic logging devices (ELDs) logbook. However, there are many reasons for that, and here you will read the full Verizon Connect reviews.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announced in December 2015. Importantly, that it would be adopting a new ELD rule designed to improve roadway safety. And the rule dumped the paper logs that commercial truck and bus drivers used to document.
Furthermore, and adherence to federal regulations on how many hours they are on the road. Therefore, drivers now do their reporting on Verizon connect tracker ELDs.
Large carriers such as FedEx, UPS, and Werner Enterprises are already using electronic systems. As a result, they were able to record truckers’ driving time and behavior.
Most trucks are required to have an active electronic log. Verizon however, is offering ELDs to address fleets’ needs to comply with the FMCSA.
Moreover, in this blog post, we review some Verizon connect features and benefits that make Verizon the best ELD provider in the market. However, if you help in selecting the best suitable one for your business; Kindly fill the consultation form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Useful Features of Verizon Electronic Logging Device
Verizon Connect logbook packed with powerful features that, however, simplify fleet management.
And, in this post, we are going to review some of them.
Equally important, identifying these features is a big part of selecting the right ELD to purchase.
And in this section, we’ll list some of the most common and useful features.
- Vehicle health: Runs diagnostics on the vehicle and gives alerts when there are issues and maintenance reminders.
- GPS tracking device: Records location and engine usage information for compliance reporting.
- Document scanning: Verizon’s ELD features a portable scanner that gives the driver the ability to scan paperwork to the office right from their vehicle.
- Performance reporting: Monitors driver idle time, detention at customer locations, out-of-route miles, and more. This feature is designed to help make the fleet more efficient.
- Safety alerts: Sends an automatic notification on speeding, a sharp acceleration, hard braking, lane departure, etc.
Additional Features of Verizon ELD
- Verizon Connect navigation: Gives the driver a GPS navigation tool designed for truck routing or other appropriate restrictions.
- Electronic logs: The primary function of a Verizon Connect tracking ELD is recording a driver’s duty status to help back-office staff monitor logs for violations and unlogged time.
- IFTA: Verizon Connect GPS fleet tracking data gathered by ELDs can often be used to generate IFTA fuel tax reports.
- Two-way messaging: This feature allows the driver and office staff to send messages back and forth through the system.
- Tire Pressure monitoring: ELDs can be integrated with the tire so you can see the status of your fleet’s tires in real-time.
Benefits of Verizon Connect ELD
There are many benefits of using Verizon tracking devices s for fleets since these devices can:
- Maximize Productivity
- Streamline Operations
- Reduce Operational Cost
- Increase Profits When Used Appropriately
Other Benefit of Verizon ELD
- Verizon Connect GPS tracking
- Deployment of Cloud SaaS
- Send alerts of hours of service limit
- Fuel and costs Tracking capabilities
- Job management and shipping tools
- Hours of service reporting automated
- Order management and Scheduling Features
- Completion of electronic DVIRs using a phone
- Automatic Driver Status and Duty Status updates
- Comes with Verizon Connect installation gear and Verizon Connect telematics hardware
If you’re not sure whether the price of an ELD will be justified or not, here we highlight some fantastic benefits of Verizon tracking devices:
Fuel cost savings
Verizon Connect ELD tracks the amount of time each driver spends idling.
And you can, however, quickly identify drivers that idle long or too frequently using this information.
Tracking excessive idling can save you thousands of dollars every month and reduce fuel wastage.
Verizon tracking devices also provide safety-monitoring tools on the following:
- Lack of driver fatigue
- GPS tracking
- Fault-code monitoring
- Efficient Verizon Connect route planning software management
And, also, timely identification of lousy driving behaviors before they turn into accidents.
Improvement in CSA scores
Verizon tracking devices ensure that drivers are not driving more than they should.
However, with e-logs, other HOS violations such as outdated log violations, Form & Manner violations, and falsification of logs are entirely eradicated.
Lower insurance premiums
ELDs increase fleet safety. And thus, Fleets with ELDs get better insurance premium rates than fleets without ELDs.
Besides, the risk of a stolen or hijacked vehicle is far less since the ELD comes with GPS tracking features.
This ELD allows fleet managers to, however, monitor and review vehicles through Verizon Connect asset tracking.
As a result, fleet managers do not need to call the driver each time they want to get an update since they can easily track the vehicle location.
Installation of Verizon Connect ELD
- Install the ELD in the truck with the engine off.
- Find the truck diagnostic port. Its position depends on the truck’s make and model.
It could be found under the dash, above the footrest, in the fuse box, near the handbrake or the clutch pedal handbrake.
- Connect the cable to the truck diagnostic port. 2.1
If fitting to the 9-pin or 6-pin connector and 2.2 If fitting to the OBDII connector.
- Line up the collar tabs with the matching slot on the diagnostic port to ensure secure connection (for 6-Pin or 9-Pin connectors only).
- Your ELD is now correctly installed in your truck.
- Find an excellent location inside your truck to place the ELD module and mobile device
- You can mount the ELD module anywhere on the top or underneath the dash for easy access while driving with minimal distraction.
Turn the ignition on, and the ELD module is ready to connect to your tablet or mobile device.
- Lunch the app store on your phone or tablet and download REVEAL ELD Logbook App (Verizon only).
- Click on the Verizon Connect reveal app icon to open the app on your phone or tablet.
- Your Bluetooth will turn on automatically.
- Allow the Verizon Connect app to access the device.
- Tap “Pair new device.”
- Enable GPS if asked.
- Select “REVEAL ELD Logbook” from the list of Bluetooth devices available on your device’s Bluetooth Settings menu.
- When prompted, enter “1234” as the device PIN and hit “Ok.”
- Tap on “Pair and Connect.”
Once connected, the indicator lights will flash solid red.
After a few seconds, the left-side indicator light will turn green, indicating a successful GPS connection.
If you’re worried, however, about how much you’re going to pay for the Verizon ELD each month.
Here are some of the price factors you should consider:
Reveal Basic Plan
Verizon Connect Reveal Basic Plan would be Verizon Connect ELD’s most inexpensive Verizon Connect vehicle tracking subscription plan.
With this plan, you’ll have the Verizon Connect hardware and also get access to the software platform for just $35 a month.
While this is the basic Verizon Connect pricing plan, it includes Verizon Connect GPS tracker as well as a variety of tools for compliance and reporting.
If you want to use the functionality of Verizon Connect ELD pricing basic plan.
Then, you must also subscribe to the Verizon Connect cost plan for electronic-logs. However, you will be expected to pay an estimated $10 monthly in such a situation.
Cell-enabled Smartphone or Tablet
If you prefer a Cell-enabled tablet or phone, you will have to pay an extra $15 monthly.
So, you should, therefore, expect to pay around $60 monthly per ELD unit.
The positive thing about such a plan is, however, you won’t need drivers to use their cell data for the ELD.
Verizon Connect benefits
Apart from Verizon Connect benefits such as reducing fuel costs, enhancing asset safety, increasing customer satisfaction, boosting productivity, and moderating fleet expenses, etc. that the company offers, Verizon tracking devices also offer some value-added and additional benefits such as;
Installation of Aftermarket Hardware
Verizon Connect provides the hardware that the fleet company needs for equipment and vehicles that do not have built-in telematics-and also help to install the hardware or offer step-by-step instructions.
In many situations, the installation is uncomplicated, and in no time, your vehicles are back on the road.
And being hardware-agnostic enables carriers to work with the hardware that best meets their needs, rather than being forced to replace existing hardware.
Mobile Apps and Data Plans Deployment
Fleet teams should have mobile devices that are efficient, safe, and productive.
From mobile applications to data packages, installation support and hardware guidance, Verizon Connect ensure that fleet carrier has everything needed to give their employees the tools they need to do their job while managing costs and increased efficiency.
The company provides technical assistance to guide you through the mobile deployment procedure, from selecting the right device to protecting your data and managing devices.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Verizon Connect support BYOD, ensuring your employees can use their personal Apple or Android devices at work.
It makes life easier for the fleet team, it reduces the need for training and it saves the company on the costs of buying additional devices.
Moreover, kindly fill our consultation form if you need a fleet management system suitable for your business need.
Minimize unproductive time
There is unproductive time in the working day of every employee; however, there are ways to overcome this.
Verizon Connect solutions help speed up some daily activities that don’t make a significant contribution to your bottom line – compliance, regulatory paperwork, scheduling maintenance, etc.
One of the Verizon Connect benefits is that it helps the fleet company to stay on top of maintenance with automatic reminders for potential servicing, ensuring enough time to order parts from your repair shop or service provider, plan the work and provide replacements when necessary.
Vehicle breakdowns can result in lost travel time and large bills for repair. Carrier can prevent such losses and expenses by staying at the top of vehicle maintenance.
When using the Verizon Connect solution, you can set reminders to inform you whenever a truck needs service based on traveling distance, working hours or a specified date.
With the Verizon Connect fleet management solution, the carrier doesn’t just get the software to analyze data and identify trends within the fleet.
The company also takes care of the analysis, clearly identifying the inefficiencies and gaps that exist within your fleet.
Verizon Connect then uses the collected data along with site departure and arrival time and engine hours to streamline critical procedures such as billing, payroll, and timesheets.
As a result, fleet managers can see key trends and patterns, at-a-glance, by the team, department, or throughout your entire fleet.
Fleet managers would also be able to track fuel mileage, safety for drivers, idling, driving hours, start and finish time, and much more.
Verizon Connect ELD Questions & Review
The ELD mandate has generated a lot of questions, with the government continuing to clarify regulations.
And here, we’ve endeavored to find answers to common questions that arise.
Can ELD App be on a smartphone or other wireless device?
Yes. Verizon Connect eld app can be on a smartphone or other wireless device as long as the device meets the ELD rule’s technical specifications
And these rules include being able to access data from the ELD module.
What data do ELDs automatically record?
An ELD automatically records the following information at specific intervals:
- Time and Date
- Location Information
- Vehicle Miles
- Engine Hours
- Identification Information for The Driver
- The Authenticated User, and Motor Carrier
How does the ELD discover driving/non-driving status?
An ELD automatically switches to driving mode once the vehicle is moving at a speed threshold of 5 mph.
However, once the speed falls to 0 mph and stays at 0 mph for three consecutive seconds, the ELD switches to non-driving mode.
How is location data recorded?
Verizon ELD logbook must record location data at 60-minute intervals.
And this occurs when the vehicle is in motion, and when the driver shuts down the engine. Then, it changes duty status and indicates personal use.
Can I edit an ELD record?
Yes. Both the authorized staff and the driver can make a few edits to an ELD record.
And to add missing information or correct any mistakes, all edits must include a note to explain the reason for the edit.
What type of training will my drivers need?
Of focus, your driver will be the one utilizing the system, so training them should be the most crucial area. And Drivers need to know more than just how to operate the device.
However, the more training the company gives the driver, the easier the roadside inspection process will be.
What documents do the drivers need to carry along with them?
The driver is required to have the following;
- ELD user manual
- Instruction sheet for reporting possible ELD malfunctions,
- Instruction sheet for transferring HOS data, and
- Supply log sheets paper as a backup
We understand that when fleet carriers decide to purchase fleet management Software, it is necessary to see how professionals assess it in their articles.
And also to find out whether the real individuals and companies that purchase it are completely satisfied with the product.
Many users who gave Verizon tracking devices positive reviews commend the product for helping them to keep track of what employees were doing with their company vehicles, tracking oil changes and sending alerts when drivers are speeding.
Some users confirm that the Verizon tracking devices help their company to cut down on employees’ unapproved use of company vehicles.
Some users dislike that the system is sometimes slow, and encounter glitches, and the device high cost.
Remember that there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to choosing a fleet management system.
We would like to advise you to focus on finding the best FMS provider for your business needs and make sure you put them through their paces before making a final decision.
We can help you to find the best Fleet management solution for your business needs by filling our consultation form.
- ELDs increase efficiency and save drivers precious time because they no longer need to enter data into paper logs.
- Lowers crash rates and reduce truck downtime all translates into more money for companies and drivers.
- The ELD will accurately eliminate the need for disputes over the hours used between management and drivers.
- Through Verizon Connect dispatch ELD, fleets can plan their loads and deliveries better, thereby increasing dispatch efficiency.
- ELD devices sync with GPS systems, giving the fleet manager the ability to track how fast drivers are moving.
And also, how long they are behind the wheel, as well as when they are stopped and waiting.
- ELDs require large amounts of capital to install.
- The GPS technology that ELDs use could seem invasive to truck drivers.
- The new regulation will make it difficult for small firms to afford new devices.
- Drivers are opposed to being micromanaged and having their every movement tracked electronically.
- Fleet managers, professional drivers, dispatchers, and enforcement personnel will all require training to know how to use the new technology.
Should ELD Allow Alteration of Information?
ELD should not allow the tampering of information by erasing or altering it.
Since the collection of data is for the driver’s ELD records and in compliant with ELD mandate. However, the device ought to be able to retain data of the current 24 hours for the last 7-consecutive days.
The best ELD solution should require the driver to review unidentified driver records. Therefore, the driver can either accept the assignment of the driving time or show that the records do not belong to him.
And it shows all standardized data that you need, which can authorize the safety officials when required. And this is done through a printout or a screen display.
This includes; a graph’s grid which shows the driving duty status changes, a detail log data, and a daily header.
And if you print the graph grid, it must in the very least be 6 inches by 1.5 inches.
What Make a Best ELD?
ELDs primarily introduced for compliance by the FMCSA. However, with advanced solutions, they are now much more powerful and serve many different purposes.
As a result, all the data that ELDs gather has help trucking companies grow at a much faster pace.
If you’re planning to buy an ELD for your truck, we hope this guide helped you find all the necessary information.
With this device, however, you get separate Verizon ELD logbook user accounts. One account for the administrative and one for the drivers, as explained in this review. And the device automatically records the driving time in intervals of 60 minutes.
The device time is, however, synchronized with UTC that is the coordinates of universal time. Also, the driver should be able to get a copy of his/ her records. And this could be through an electronic file or printout.
However, it should require a driver’s certification of those driving records after 24 hours.
Thus, the ELD solution should either be able to support telematics data transfer or local data transfer. And, this, however, supports the web services or email and the use of Bluetooth or USB2.0 respectively.
In case you need help in choosing ELD devices that are suitable for your fleet need; Kindly fill the consultation form and we will get in touch with you in no time.
Our Final Overview of Verizon ELD
Verizon GPS, cloud-based ELD, and fleet management solutions have several advantages.
The solution offers many benefits to service-based companies as you would have learned all through this guide.
You will also be able to track the trucks as well as the drivers in real-time with this solution.
Furthermore, you would be capable of handling the different aspects of the ELD from the app. And also tell your customers where the delivery trucks located, and whether or not they will arrive on time.
As such, it is clear that the Verizon Connect fleet device has far more to give to your fleet than just complying with the FMCSA Mandate.