KeepTruckin ELD Device is one of the best eld devices out there, not just for its low price, but also for its features. Keeptruckin electronic log is been one of our top reviews and highly rated.
ELD technology has been continuously developed in recent years. Therefore, are provided with many electronic device options. Systems and ELD’s designed to enhance driving and provide more accurate records.
Our Keep Truckin ELD reviews rank this device 9 out 10.
Keeptruckin ELD Device
Among these innovations, the KeepTruckin ELD reviews is a leading device on the market currently ranking with a score of 9 of 10. Keeptruckin eld price can range depending on the features.
Compliance met by high number of fleets and drivers that use the KeepTruckin ELD. It is affordable, easy to use and contains many useful features.
What Is KeepTruckin ELD Device?
KeepTruckin ELD is a hardware used to connect the diagnostic port (ECM) of a particular vehicle. It allows drivers to track, edit and deliver their driving hours using their Android device or iPhone. Another point to take into consideration is keeptruckin eld price, we’ll talk about that later in this keeptruckin eld reviews.
The KeepTruckin ELD also enables the dispatchers to view their driving hours, exchange messages and even track their location from their computers. The device is free for dispatchers and drivers.
KeepTruckin Electronic Logbook App
This hardware works alongside a KeepTruckin Electronic Logbook App which is an editable, electronic log that replaces the paper log. Electronic Logbook App is currently the highest rated app in Apple iTunes and the Google Play Store.
When the two are used together; that is the KeepTruckin Electronic Logbook and the KeepTruckin ELD, the Keep Truckin ELD starts to record the driving time automatically in compliance with the FMCSA rule.
Keep Truckin Top Ranked among ELD Devices
There are three main reasons why KeepTruckin eld is one of the top three eld devices. The main reasons are:
- useful features
- great technical
- support cost effective compliance
Keep Truckin 's Useful Features
KeepTruckin electronic log has compelling features which simplify the management of the fleets by maintaining transparency and proper communication. The features include:
- IFTA fuel tax reporting
- Log auditing
- Vehicle diagnostics
- Driver Scorecards
- GPS tracking
- Idle time tracking
24/7 technical support
KeepTruckin offers the best customer support service in the industry. The staff members are professionally trained and can be reached any time through emails, social media websites or telephone. Their customer representatives always work ethically, professionally and maintain your levels of integrity when dealing with customers.
Cost compliance is one of the significant issues that trucking companies face, especially those with smaller fleets. KeepTruckin electronic log helps to deal with this issue by ensuring that the users have an easy time and an affordable solution.
KeepTruckin is one of the most popular and affordable ELD systems on the market. It starts at $20 per month, with no additional charges; hence, very affordable to everyone.
KeepTruckin ELD with Cellular
Flexibility is one of the principles of the KeepTruckin design, which can support all kinds of fleets. This powerful telematics device now has an integrated cellular connection.
Is There A Difference Between The Cell Enabled ELD And Cellular Up And Down Connection?
Yes, there is a difference between the cellular Up/Down connection and the cell-Enabled ELD.
A strictly cellular up/down connection is used by some ELD vendors to send information to the driver's phone or tablet. This process relies completely on cellular coverage.
In locations with spotty or non existent cell coverage, the HOS data would not be logged on the driver’s cell phone. This delay creates outdated information, thus creating the issue of non-compliance.
Engine-connected ELDs will record all pertinent information during a drop in cell coverage and still relay data to the drivers' device once signal is returned.
Benefits of an integrated cellular connection with an engine connected ELD
KeepTruckin cell-enabled ELD solved this delayed non-compliance problem. The solution connects the driver's mobile devices to the engine connected ELD via Bluetooth or USB.
The logs are recorded in the KeepTruckin App and relayed to the driver's mobile device.
KeepTrucking provides a full proof data storage connection and zero risk of non-compliance! ELD's that rely solely on cell networks simply cannot do this.
Importance Of KeepTruckin With Cellular
It's Perfect For Mixed Fleets Too.
Drivers required to keep logs simply connect their devices using Bluetooth or USB.
Drivers not required to keep driving logs simply forego connecting and just drive!
KeepTruckin ELD with cellular tracks a vehicle's location in a continuous manner.
In addition, the other telematics data, and sends them to the KeepTruckin Dashboard through the cellular connection that is inside the ELD.
This allows you to know where your vehicles are and how they are performing regardless of who is driving.
Continuous Collection Of Vehicle Information
The sole reason for using KeepTruckin cellular ELD is to allow fleet admins to get: driver performance, IFTA, fuel consumption, fault codes and GPS information in real time.
Installing And Assigning The KeepTruckin ELD
You must first install and assign the KeepTruckin ELD when you want to use it.
You, however, don't need an administrator to help you out in the process of assigning the ELDs. The following step by step guide will help you do it on your own:
- Install the KeepTruckin ELD in the vehicle; ensure that the engine is off when locating the diagnostic port.
- Properly attach the cables to the vehicle diagnostic port. The port can be 6-pin, 9-pin or OBDI. Heavy-duty vehicles use 6 or 9 pin port, light and medium duty vehicles use OBDI. Turn the collar in a clockwise direction to ensure that the 6-pin and 9-pin ports are secured.
- On the other side of the cable attach KeepTruckin ELD. Screw down the thumbscrews on the 15-pin connector to secure your cable to the ELD.
- Once it's plugged in, the indicator lights will flash before they turn solid red. The left side of the indicator will turn green after a minute; this indicates success in GPS connection. However, if this fails to happen, try to move the ELD to increase its exposure to the sky.
- Pick a spot at the top of the dashboard to mount the ELD. Ensure that the mounting place is near a windshield, although away from electrical components or vents that can cause interference. Before installing the ELD, clean the mounting area with the alcohol swab provided. Mount the ELD on a clean surface and remove the backing from the adhesive strip.
How to Operate
- If you have added vehicles, click "Options" then "Edit Vehicle".
- Click "+ Assign ELD" in the vehicle profile which is under the Electronic Logging Device section
- Select the ELD you want to assign to a vehicle. Each ELD contains a unique serial number, which is printed at the bottom of the device adjacent to the barcode.
- Choose the correct ELD; you may also enter a serial number into the "Search ELDS/N" field. This is to narrow your search.
- Select "Save" to finish.
You can now enable your driver for ELD mode with the steps mentioned above, and then connect it on your mobile device.
Before You Install, Please Note That:
- The standard 9-pin, 6-pin and the OBDII diagnostic ports are used for KeepTruckin plug-in.
- If you are using a new Mack, Volvo truck or a model year 2013 truck, KeepTruckin offers a special cable harness which is include in Keeptruckin eld price.-Therefore, it is important to specify your type of diagnostic port when you are ordering an ELD for your vehicle.
- Y cable is also provided to ensure that the cabling behind the trim panel is hidden.
- A KeepTruckin ELD can support team driving. The only requirement is for each of the drivers to have their own KeepTruckin Electronic Logbook app account.
- Only one ELD required for both drivers.
With an assigned driving time, the specific driver will have to connect to the ELD with their KeepTruckin Electronic Logbook app account.
When the driver is through with driving, they need to disconnect from the ELD; this will allow the next driver to be able to establish another ELD connection using their account.
When it comes to data that is supported by the KeepTruckin, it's the two telematics data transfer protocols that are specified by the FMCSA. It can be for roadside inspections, email and web services.
You Should Also Understand The Size Category Of The Fleet That You Are Looking To Manage.
Pricing of the KeepTruckin ELD device
KeepTruckin electronic log offers a one year contract while the rest of the ELD devices provide 3 or 5 years of the contract. For instance, Omnitracs offers a five years contract, and Teletrac offers a three years contract.
KeepTruckin costs $20 per month for one vehicle. Below is a list the monthly bills of some other ELD devices:
- Teletrac $52
- Telogis $49
- Omnitracs $23
- PeopleNet $40
- Zonar $70
The above-listed prices clearly show that the KeepTruckin is indeed the most affordable ELD device. It goes for only $20 monthly. If you compare Omnitracs to KeepTruckin for a year using 20 vehicles, you will notice that you would spend 5.5 times with Omnitracs more compared to KeepTruckin eld price. That is $4,800 for KeepTruckin and $26,468 for Omnitracs
Let's look at another example; with Fleetmatics you would spend 2.6 times more if you have 20 vehicles as compared to KeepTruckin. The figures are $4,800 for KeepTruckin and $12,240 for Fleetmatics.
How Does KeepTruckin ELD Record The Driving Time?
Recording of the driving time on the driver's log is automatic if the driver as connected the mobile device to the ELD and have selected a vehicle in the KeepTruckin Electronic Logbook App.
Also, The KeepTruckin ELD detects the current motion of a vehicle depending on its speed. For instance, the vehicle is considered to be in motion if it's moving more than 5MPH. Therefore, when the vehicle is at 0MPH, the vehicle is considered to be stationary.
How Can The Drivers Keep Driving Time Off Their Logs With An ELD?
Many ELD's pose problems for drivers around the yard because of rigid HOS rules. With paper logs it was easy to account for.
The good news is that the FMCSA has outlined some driving sections in the ELD rule to allow the drivers to maintain their driving time off the logs.
With the KeepTruckin ELD device, it is as simple as keeping your driving time off the logs. As a driver, you just need to indicate the personal conveyance status (or the yard move) to classify your driving time either as off duty or on duty, in a similar manner as the paper logs. Then, this can make us think the keeptruckin eld price could be elevated, indeed it's not.
Is The KeepTruckin ELD Tamper-Resistant?
KeepTruckin electronic log is tamper-resistant; it uses multiple methods to ensure that it prevents tampering. The ELD uses GPS satellite time to prevent the users from manipulating their drive time. This means drivers cannot cheat the system by modifying their mobile device's clock.
- The KT device records the driving time continuously, even in times when the driver has not connected his mobile device to the ELD via the Bluetooth.
- It also records all unidentified driving incidences, which transmit to the KeepTruckin servers- when the driver connects to the ELD.
KeepTruckin ELD Reviews
KeepTruckin is user-friendly and uses a modern app that enables drivers to record all their logs. When paired with the KeepTruckin ELD device, then connected to the vehicle, it can be one of the most affordable and easy to use ELDs available in the market.
- You can get the app from the Google Play or Apple App store. However, you need a device which plugs into the diagnostic port of your vehicle for it to be compliant.
- The device has no upfront costs. - You only need to pay (keeptruckin eld price) the monthly fee of $20, which includes the hardware.
Keeptruckin electronic log cost can range from 0 to 30$ depending on the features you need.
Keep truckin offers a free teaser plan that includes electronis logs, vehicle inspections and messaging.
The STARTER plan, which costs $20 per month includes everything from the free plan plus eld compliance, GPS tracking and alerts.
The PLUS version Keeptruckin eld price is $30, this includes everything in the STARTER package plus IFTA fuel tax reporting, asset tracking, vehicle utilisation, vehicle diagnostics and fleet safety coaching.
In addition, the shifting gears program offers up to 200$ per ELD and a free smart Dashcam for switching to Keeptruckin ELD (reviews updated in May 2019). This must be taking in account to evaluate Keeptruckin eld price.
- Log auditing is available; the logs are audited automatically; therefore, getting real-time alerts in case of HOS violations. The vehicles are also tracked continuously even when the driver doesn't connect their mobile phone (or other device) to the ELD.
- GPS tracks vehicles in real-time thus viewing breadcrumb location history.
- Idle time to track excessive idling leading to reduce fuel cost.
- Messaging services which streamline communication between the drivers and dispatch.
- Geofencing allows the creation of virtual parameters; a vehicle's entry and exit is tracked.
- IFTA Fuel Tax Reporting eliminates the administrative burden of collecting state miles.
- ELD plus Electronic Logbook App, which allows you to be compliant with a more affordable ELD system.
- Driver Scorecards analyzes your fleet's performance to identify and improve opportunities.
- Vehicle diagnostics improve vehicle maintenance using the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) alerts.
- There is a recap view of hours that are to be gained over the coming seven days.
Advantages of KeepTruckin Electronic Logs
- Drivers can automatically log their HOS into the app. This allows auditing, ensuring that drivers are logging correctly.
- The app is straightforward and easy to use. If you can fill out a paper logbook, you can use this app.
- It allows dispatch to view logs, make necessary edits, and send edits to the driver to either ‘accept or decline’.
- Customer service support is always available 24/7, plus they resolve your issues quickly.
- It’s a small device that uses a free app on your mobile device
- Complies with the ELD mandate.
- Has GPS which allows you to track the location of a driver in a vehicle.
- It’s the best user-friendly device on the market, all you need to do is to plug into the OBDII port, and you are good to go.
- It makes it easy for the drivers to follow the DOT laws.
- Fleet managers can view reports and keep them in their dashboard for future reference.
- It has advanced features which other BYODs lack, plus it’s easy to install.
- It is very affordable, and it does not have upfront payments.
Disadvantages of KeepTruckin ELD
- You are not able to tell if the driver is on a short haul range exception.
- Logs can only be edited by the dispatch when the day is complete. Driver needs to change from on duty to off duty or the reverse. The driver needs to edit on the same day whereas dispatch is not able to edit logs the same day.
- Smaller fleets have to pay for the first year upfront
Why Do You Need The KeepTruckin ELD?
- To stay compliant irrespective of your current location-if you have a smartphone or tablet, you will be able to connect to the ELD device using a USB. This will allow you to stay compliant.
- Connect to different vehicles on the road- There are many types of cables which you can use to connect with the ELD device. They allow you to connect to any other vehicle on the road.
- Prevent HOS violations- KeepTruckin will allow you to get alerts for all HOS violations way before they take place. This will allow you to focus more on the road.
Having said it all, it is clear that KeepTruckin electronic log is an attractive option. Especially for fleets that are looking for a low-cost device and an easy installation process. The system is not only simple to use for the drivers, but also for the office staff. It's list of advanced features is better than most of the competitor's features.
Final Review Remarks
The KeepTruckin App is intuitive and simple to use. It has a DOT Inspection Mode that is convenient for viewing the log history to the enforcement officers. You can also email or fax logs from the app.
- The app has a back office system which is equally modern and easy to use. The system includes: messaging, GPS location and an overview of the HOS compliance.
- Reports of DVIR and some basic HOS are included, although the advanced reporting is for the higher level of service plan which has an additional $10 per month from the Keeptruckin eld price.
- Like any other BYOD providers, KeepTruckin ELD reviews provides the basic features plus the means to be ELD compliant without having to break the bank.
- KeepTruckin is different from many competitors as they have been adding more telematics features, raising them to the same level as some more expensive systems.
- KeepTruckin ELD has set itself apart by being among the first to have complete compliance with ELD mandate. Most devices are still AOBRDs until their software meets the ELD standards. Major vendors should achieve full compliance with the ELD mandate before its due date, but it is essential to note KeepTruckin is at that point already.
In any case, it is not an easy decision to find the ELD device that fits your needs better, for a free consultation you can fill out the form below.
Submit your review